God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Settling in...

To the new apartment...into the 2nd trimester...into life out of the pregnancy closet...

The new apartment:
It's still a mess but things are definitely coming along. DH has been doing just about everything around the house. I've just been putting some small stuff away where they belong. We still have boxes and bags of stuff on the living room floor, the dining room table, and in the 2nd bedroom (which at the moment is the junk/storage room). We should be pretty much done by this weekend (I hope).

The 2nd trimester:
Well, I'm officially in the 2nd trimester tomorrow (13w4d) but pregnology.com says 13 weeks so I'm sticking with that...cuz I wanna, so there! Some doctors round up to 14 weeks but heck no! I have my second OB appointment on the 12th. I have no idea what to expect except PIAC, probably a weight check, blood pressure. What else do they do??

Want to hear something funny? This was probably a total fluke but last night I was in bed falling asleep. I was on my left side, and all of a sudden I felt a pop feeling on the right side of my belly that woke me up out of my semi-consciousness. Now I know what you're thinking because I'm thinking it too. But in that moment, whatever it was, made my heart start to race and I was just excited at the possibility. I didn't wake DH up or even tell him about it today because, again, it couldn't be, could it??

Life out of the pregnancy closet:
I totally have mixed feelings about having let "the world" know about our pregnancy. I am relieved to let it out because it was hard to keep this secret, especially at work where I was still wearing regular work pants trying to hide my growing belly and suffering in the meantime. I was also experiencing some anxiety that is now mostly released. Everyone has been sweet and encouraging about this.

On the other hand, I still have this "what if" feeling. I'm sure you can all guess the main "what if". Maybe I need to acquire a doppler for peace of mind??

2 comments:

  1. If the movement was really low, like right above your pelvic bone, I bet you felt the baby! It's not common, but not unheard of to feel movement that early, but it would be very low in your belly. How exciting!

    I really wanted to get a doppler, but my husband knows me, and knows that it would probably cause me to worry more than it would give me peace of mind. I have heard of so many people getting them and loving them though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! No it wasn't really low :( But that's ok, i know I'll feel something within a few weeks or so. I'll be patient and await the real thing. I think I'm borrowing a doppler tomorrow! One of my best friends has one and delivered a few weeks ago so she isn't using it anymore and we're going to visit her tomorrow. Yippie!!

    ReplyDelete