God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Anniversary week so far!


Hello all!

This has been an awesome week so far. Sunday (10/11) we went to see The Lion King on Broadway then to dinner at Mars 2112. Although we probably wont be going back to Mars anytime soon since the food was not great and it was more for children, it was fun for a one time thing and DH and I did have fun in the arcade room after dinner...we played Dance Dance Revolution (he beat me every time!).

On Monday I had my HSG and U/S unfortunately on the day of our Anniversary! We were there from 1:30 until a little after 3pm. You can read about the experience below. After that I felt fine so we went to the movies to see Couple's Retreat which was not as funny as we expected and the timing was sucky too because there is a big infertility reference. Afterwards DH decided we should go to this Japanese Hibachi restaurant called Mt. Fuji near our home. It was pretty cool. DH had sushi and I had this Filet Mignon dish that was really yummy. When we got back home we realized that we had to eat a piece of our wedding cake which we stored in our freezer all year. I really didn't want to take a bite but we did anyway. We sent the rest to MIL who wanted it. I don't know what for but hopefully it doesn't make her sick or anything.

On Tuesday (yesterday) we decided to take our 2 year old nephew to the Zoo. We had such a nice time with him! We saw all the animals, went on a train ride around the zoo, picked a cute little pumpkin, took lots of pictures, and finished up buying him a few things from the gift shop. Later on, after SIL came to our house to take him home, I searched the internet for where to go for dinner.

I found this little spot in Edgewater called The Magic Pot Fondue Bistro. Let me tell you...soooooooooooooooooo yummy. We spent about $100 but it was well worth every last penny. And I should also say that we haven't really been drinking any alcohol because I have to take antibiotics since the HSG. But this fondue place was awesome. We had an appetizer of fondue mozarella and provolone cheese with bread and apple pieces. The entree was the funnest part. You actually have to cook your own meats. You choose a broth from the menu (we chose Coq au Vin) and then you chose 4 items to cook in the boiling broth. They bring you rice already cooked and also veggies that you have the option of cooking. But the 4 additional items we chose were teryaki pork, beef, salmon and cheese & spinach ravioli. So basically you each have 2 forks and the 4 items come on a plate cut into small chunks. You take turns each skewering 2 pieces of meat (or ravioli) and sticking it in the boiling broth for 2 minutes each time. So you are basically cooking and eating as you go. It also came with 4 dipping sauces (ginger, garlic butter, soy, and marinara). We were so full afterwards but we had ordered the dinner package for 2 which included the dessert. I was full but I was not about to miss out on the dessert which was a platter of tiny chunks of strawberries, bananas, brownies, marshmallows, nilla wafers, and rice crispies treats covered in powdered sugar which we dunked in a caramel and milk chocolate with slices of toasted almonds fondue. Yuummmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!! We will definitely be returning. They even gave us 2 discount cards so that we could come back and have an appetizer and dessert for $25! Yes, please and thank you!

Today we are going to go to the batting cages and eat dinner at home. I'm going to cook chicken and potatoes just because I have chicken already seasoned in the fridge which I don't want to go bad. So today is an easy-going day. We are going to have lunch out somewhere though but some place simple. I'll fill you in more later or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment