God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

My first self-injection experience...

Woah...it literally took 15 minutes to finally get the needle in me. I was sweating bullets, heart was racing, I kept psyching myself out. I spent so much time staring down at my left hand pinching the skin on my belly and my left hand gripping the Follistim pen with my thumb on the plunger.

DH offered to do it but I just couldn't. First off, he didn't attend the injections class with me so I wasn't 100% confident that he'd do it correctly (silly, I know). But also, I just wanted to know that I could do it myself.

And I could! I did! It barely hurt at all (although I swear I was dizzy after from the adrenaline, lol). I should do it much quicker tomorrow (I hope).

2 comments:

  1. The anticipation is much worse than the shot, right? You basically described my exact reaction the first night I was waiting to do my injections. Oh, but throw in some crying. It does get much easier!!

    ReplyDelete