God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My IUI experience so far

On Sunday I went in for another monitoring appointment (b/w and u/s) with DH. We went into the room together and the RE told us my follie was at 21mm, so it had grown another 3mm. Then the nurse gave me the trigger shot of Ovidrel in my stomach. I really thought it was going to hurt more than it did. It hurt less than the blood work does.

So Monday morning DH and I went in bright and early. No b/w or u/s. DH went in and made his "deposit". It was going to take an hour after that to do the IUI so I took the opportunity to take DH to the train station so he could get to work. At around 8am they called me in. The RE came in and verified the names on some forms and the tube with DH's sperm. It's funny because DH was actually worried that they may mistakenly switch samples with some other man...lol. I assured him afterward that I saw his name on the tube with my own eyes.

So the actual IUI process took not even a minute I think. If felt just like a pap smear. The speculum was more uncomfortable than the catheter. Afterwards, I laid there for about 5 minutes, then got dressed and left for work. I actually got in to work 15 minutes early!

For the rest of the day I felt fine. There was a point when I was driving (I had a long drive later on in the day) that I felt light cramps that felt just like a period cramp. Otherwise, I had no more cramping or discomfort.

I have a blood work appointment on Friday which I assume is to verify ovulation and then my beta is scheduled for the 29th. Exciting!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for surviving your fist IUI. After all the other tests we infertiles go through, the IUI is actually fairly easy, but I thnk everyone anticipates the worst! Hopefully you'll have great news to report soon!!

    ReplyDelete