God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

IUI #4 Update

So my 4th IUI is tomorrow morning. I'm excited because I actually have more than 1 mature follicle and am expecting to realease about 3 (maybe more...eeek!).

I was on 150ui of Follistim from CD3-CD7. On the morning of CD8 (Monday) they saw that I had many follicles showing signs of maturation. At that point my largest was at 15mm but I had several others above 11mm. So that night they had me reduce the follistim to 50ui.

Yesterday (CD9) I had another monitoring appointment. Here is the breakdown of the follies. 1 @ 17mm, 1 @ 16mm, 1 @ 15mm, 4 @ 14mm, 5 @ 13mm, 3 @ 12 mm, 2 @ 11mm and 1 @ 10mm. Phewwww! That's alot!!

So there was the posibility of cancelling the cycle but my RE suggested that we move forward in the hopes that I will release no more than 3 or 4 (basically the 17, 16, and 15 which by IUI day may be up to 19, 18, and 17). She did warn about the risk of HOM saying the risk of twins goes up to 30%, triplets up to 5%.

DH and I spoke and we decided to move forward with the IUI. So last night I triggered and tomorrow morning is the IUI.

Please wish us luck and send positive thoughts, vibes, and prayers if you can spare them!

No comments:

Post a Comment