God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anniverssary update and pics :)

Yesterday was our 2nd Anniversary :) We started our day by taking some photos at home. I woke up with the picture bug so I was snapping away even before I'd gotten out of bed. I'll spare you the pics of my sleeping hubbs, lol. Once we got dressed, hubbs wanted to try out his skills with the new camera so we decided to take a few pics in the baby's room. This is one of the shots he took that he loves:

We then ended up visiting one of the child care facilities we're considering for a second time. I know it sounds weird to do this on your anniversary but we both had the day off and really wanted to see the facility during the day when things are really happening. I think we'll end up registering there because it's a decent center and it's not one of the most expensive.

After that we went to the bakery where our wedding cake was made to pick up a mini version (same type of cake and filling - yellow cake with raspberry preserves and chocolate mousse). Since we were in the neighborhood, we decided to head to the church where we got married to snap a few photos and then went across the street to the park where we also took some photos on our wedding day. I just happened to have a tripod in the car from a work event. It was a lot of fun! Here is the very last picture we took at the park:


Afterwards, we headed home to relax a little and change for dinner. Unfortunately, there was a work-related catastophe going down at hubb's job that needed his attention so he did a couple conference calls while I napped on the couch.
We went to dinner at 6pm at a little place called the Green Olive and stuffed ourselves silly! We had bread and butter pre-appetizer. Then we had an order of bruschetta and shrimp and beans with brocolli rabe (yes, for appetizer lol). Lastly, I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and hubbs had the Osso Bucco over mushroom risotto. We practically cleaned our plates!
We then went home to watch some Dexter (Season 4 on DVD) while I fought sleep and then took a Dexter break to eat a little slice of our anniversary cake. By then, I was BEAT so we called it a night!

1 comment: