God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

My surprise anniversary present from DH!

On Saturday, hubbs and I were cleaning the house, painting Ryan's room and doing some other stuff around the house. I don't remember how the subject came up but we started talking about one of our best friend's camera's and how I have wanted a similar camera for when Ryan is born to take really awesome pictures. We've discussed it before but I never pushed it because it's expensive and really we could get plenty of baby stuff with the money it would cost to get the camera. I happened to say something like "Oh! We should get the camera as an anniversary gift to each other!" but then quickly said "no, no we should probably get a crib and other stuff we need.


I was cleaning the dining room windows when hubbs walks up behind me with a box saying "well I was going to wait but since we are talking about it". It was unwrapped so I was able to see that it was the exact camera I'd wanted all along!!

It's the Canon Rebel T1i (DSLR) with the EF-S 18-55mm lens kit!! OMG I was so excited! I just could not believe that he had gone and bought this camera! It is truely OUR camera which I'm so excited about because I really want both of us to learn how to use it to it's full capabilities. I found a great series of tutorials on youtube that I already started watching to familiarize myself with it. Hubbs is going to watch them too so he can be ready on the date of delivery.

After cleaning up I was so excited to start testing out the camera with a ton of pictures of our kitty, Chandler. I'm at work right now so I can't upload the photos but I will soon so you can see the quality of the photos...and that's just on automatic settings. I'm excited to learn how to use the manual settings so I can get so much more out of it.

Tomorrow is our anniversary and we're going to go out to dinner and just spend the day together. It'll just be so nice to sleep in for another day too!

On another note, my Dad, stepmom, and stepbrother came to visit us in our new apartment yesterday (well new as of July 1st but it was their first time visiting us there). It is the first time my dad has seen us since I really started showing. We saw them last at the end of May so at least 4 months ago. It was nice to see my Dad so excited to see me with a belly...lol. He actually talked to Ryan while both hands where on my belly for a good couple of minutes then he prayed long and hard over him and us (he's a minister if I haven't mentioned it before). We had a lovely dinner and great conversation.

Lastly, I mentioned before that hubbs was painting Ryan's room this weekend. It already looks so adorable and we don't even have the crib and accesories in the room yet. We did the room in a cool grey and one of the walls is brown. The furniture we have in there so far is all a natural finish which actually looks great against the walls. We also got blinds and curtains up. It already looks awesome! I'll take some pics soon for you to see when we get all the other crap moved out of that room (it's currently still serving as storage for a few items).

That's all for now! Byee!

No comments:

Post a Comment