God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 8, 2010

A week away from 3rd tri & a NAME!

I can't say that this pregnancy is flying by as many people say...but I can't believe I'm almost in my 3rd trimester. Does that make sense?? Sometimes it feels like this is a loooong process but it's because I can't wait to meet our little boy. But then I think to myself...hmmm, our baby shower is only 6 weeks away and baby will be here in 3 short months!

The room isnt ready! We have almost nothing for the baby yet! Are we taking too long to get started??!! But really, this is plenty of time and I know that...really I do!

By the way, our son's name is RYAN GABRIEL...love it. It means "King, Hero of God" I just love that!

I didn't take belly pics the last 2 weeks but I did take one yesterday and I may take one tomorrow at 27 weeks.

I passed my first 1 hour glucose test at 22 weeks and I have to take another one at 30 weeks which is scheduled for November 5th. I've only gained about 6 pounds according to my doctor's scale and about 3-4 pounds according to my home scale. At my doctors office it depends on what time my appointment is (sometimes morning, sometimes evening) and it also depends on what room I'm in - each room has it's own scale so it's always a different scale). At home, I always use the same scale and I always do it in the morning after I pee. Anyway...I'm almost 7 months and haven't gained much weight. The doctor doesn't seem concerned so I guess it's ok.

I haven't developed any stretch marks as of yet but there's plenty of time for that. My belly button is definitely changing though. It's super shallow now so I'm just waiting for the outtie to start showing itself.

Ryan is moving so much every day...I just love that. It's changing though so it's very interesting. There's less kicking and more stretching, twisting, and turning in there. It's funny around 8pm-10pm he starts a party in there...I can just sit there and watch my belly go wild!

Oh by the way...my second wedding anniversary is coming up on Tuesday! We're taking the day off work and spending time together. We're going to dinner and stuff like that. I'm considering buying a small cake from the same bakery that did our wedding cake with the same filling and everything as maybe a little tradition we can start. We may also go visit one of the day care centers again (that's another post in and of itself).

Speaking of traditions, once we moved in together about 4 years ago we started a Christmas tradition where we purchase a personalized ornament that represents something special that happened that year (engagement, marriage, and now we're expecting!). The new ornament is adorable and I can't wait for next year..."Baby's First Christmas!"

That's all for now! Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well! Love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww hon you look to damn cute!! Best of luck with everything!!!

    ReplyDelete