God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

2nd internal and still at 1cm

Today at 37w5d I had my 2nd internal exam and I'm still 1cm dilated but sounds like my cervix is softening nicely :)

I weighed in at 179 so I've lost a pound from last week making my total so far 17 pounds gained. I was so scared in the beginning that I'd gain 40-50 pounds as happens very often (even through no fault of the pregnant woman). I really hope that I can lose most of the weight pretty quickly after delivery and the rest with breast feeding. I actually am hoping to start trying to get down below my prepregnancy weight because I was overweight to begin with for my height.

Ryan's HB sounded strong as always. He's been moving around a lot like always which is really nice. I haven't felt the need to do daily kick counts because he normally moves so much but I have had to do it 2-3 times during pregnancy so far whenever he's a little lazy in there and makes mommy scared.

The doctor today told me that I should be ok to go through Chirstmas (although, of course, you never know). She said to call in case I start getting painful contractions 5 minutes apart or if my water breaks before my next appointment which is scheduled for Wednesday the 29th.

I have a waxing appointment tomorrow morning at 11:30am to prepare "the area" for childbirth lol. I used to get waxed often but stopped because the salon is kind of far from where we live. I'm going to get a modified Brazilian (basically keep somewhat of a landing strip because that's the most painful section to get waxed and I just don't want to feel that especially with all the extra blood flowing to that area now). Then I'm going to get my eyebrows threaded as well. Later on tomorrow night, at the ILs house I'm going to have my SIL paint my toenails for me :) I'll probably blow dry my hair at some point tomorrow too.

Hopefully I'll be all ready to go when the time comes!

By the way I only have the rest of the day today at work (and we might get out early) and then I have Monday and Tuesday...then I'm off until the end of March!!! Yippieeee!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you even remember me, but best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete