God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm dilating...eeeeek!

I had my first internal appointment today. That bitch hurt like a mofo! First of all my lower back was killing me, I felt like my spine was separating! Don't worry, that really had nothing to do with the exam and everything to do with the way I had to lay on the table. I've been having back issues lately.

She said I'm 1cm dilated and my cervix is starting to thin out a little.

I also had a growth ultrasound and our little one is about 6lbs 5oz (something like the 43rd percentile or something. She says around 50% is good...average).

I only have 8 work days left and I am counting them down! My last day at work is supposed to be the 28th but we'll see if I last til then.

I started spotting right away which is normal and I had some slight cramping but nothing too bad at all. I'm waiting to see if my MP falls out or anything.

And (TMI warning) - my BMs are definitely different now. Not so constipated anymore so that's another sign of impending labor.

I'm happy and nervous at the same time! I'm getting nervous about the pain that comes with labor but I know I'll be ok. We also have some more things to do around the house so we're now planning on getting it all done before the end of this weekend:
  • Laundry
  • Install car seat
  • Pack hospital bags
  • Reconfigure our room to bring in cosleeper and changing table
  • Return some things at BRU
  • Buy coming home outfit

Tomorrow is the last day that I will be driving myself to and from work. DH is working from home next week and then on vacation the next week so he will be driving me around just in case I go into labor alone in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment