God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm timing contractions...

They're just Braxton Hicks but I've never had them this consistently for such a prolonged period of time.

DH and I went to BJ's yesterday and spent a couple of hours walking around and shopping since our fridge and pantry were really empty. Whenever I walk so much I do normally have a couple of BHs but they usually go away once I sit or lay down and relax. Once we got home I cooked so I was on my feet for a little while longer. A soon as we ate, I relaxed on the couch for the rest of the night until about 10pm when I went to shower and get in bed.

I was still having BHs and I even think I was having them throughout the night. When I woke up this morning, I told DH that I wasn't sure but I think I kept having BHs all night. I don't know how often or for how long or even if I was dreaming it or not.

I woke up at around a quarter to 8am and by 9:30am I had already had about 8 or 9. I called my doctor's office to find out if I should come in today (I have an appointment scheduled for Thursday). They asked me a few questions and determined that I didn't need to come in unless they were painful, I was spotting or bleeding, and/or if the contractions were close together (5 minutes apart). They advised me to start tracking the contractions just in case they develop into actual labor contractions.

I downloaded this BB app onto my phone which allows you to track contractions easily. I started at 11:30am (it's now 2pm) and so far I've had 5 in that time span. The frequency is ranging from 17 minutes apart to almost an hour apart so I think I'm ok. No bleeding and no pain either.

I hope I don't actually go into preterm labor but I DO hope that this means my body is preparing and I won't go over my due date.

Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment