God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Clomid w/out being monitored?

I'm on my first cycle of Clomid but I'm not being monitored. Everyone online keeps saying that I shouldn't be on Clomid without being monitored by a RE (reproductive endocrinologist) because Clomid can have some negative effects on my reproductive system - like developing cysts and thinning out my uterine lining.

I definitely see the concern.

My OB/GYN - well actually I've been seen by the nurse practitioner at my OB/GYN office - prescribed the Clomid (and even my DH's s/a) without any intention to monitor my progress. When she initially mentioned it I didn't give a second thought to monitoring. It wasn't until visiting TTTC chat boards that I realized there was even a reason to be monitored.

However, I have come across many women who are having the same experience I am. My nurse practitioner said that I can stay on it for a couple cycles (actually she said 4-6 months) while charting to see if it works. At that point she'll refer me to a RE. I guess that's just how they operate.

I pray that it will all go well and I will never have to be referred to the RE. ((PRAYERS))

Last night was my 2nd night on Clomid. I didn't experience any symptoms this time...just went right to sleep! I hope that doesn't change.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for being side effect free from the Clomid!!

    That's interesting about not being montiored-how will they know if your on the correct dosage? I just had to skip a cycle since I wasn't in town to get monitored and my RE frowns upon not being monitored. Either way, I hope it works for you and don't have to go to the RE.

    ReplyDelete