God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Went to the new doc today

The appointment went really well this morning. I am pretty happy with the new doc - and not to mention that this office is literally a few blocks from my house which is awesome.

I waited about 20 minutes to be seen, so that wasn't too bad at all. They have a pretty decent size waiting room with a Tv and stuff so I wasn't too bored (I was also playing with my new DSi.

Pause for a laugh: As the assistant was walking me to the exam room I thought she said "buenos dias" which is a Spanish greeting so I said "buenos dias" back...she looked at me funny and kept walking. I thought about it and realized she hadn't said "buenos dias" she had noticed my "DS" as I was putting it back into my purse and had mentioned it, LOL! Durrr, I felt dumb after I realized but was too embarrassed to explain myself.

Anyway, so here's what we discussed:
Doc was noticeably surprised when I told her my last doc office had planned on putting me on Clomid for 4-6 months unmonitored. I told her I only did 2 cycles and then stopped. She was also surprised that the last place didn't send me for an HSG or a pelvic ultrasound. So, my next steps are to do a round of Provera starting on Saturday and then call the Radiologist to schedule an HSG and Pelvic Ultrasound when I get my period. She said if the HSG shows my tubes are blocked, she will refer me to an RE for treatments. She said if they are not blocked, then she will precribe Clomid for 1 or 2 cycles (especially since I told her that the 2 cycles I had done before did make me Ovulate) and also do IUI's with it as well as possibly FSH. If those 2 cycles don't work she will then send me to an RE.

She was so sweet, when I told her it's been 11 months she said "don't worry. we'll get you pregnant". I thought that was sweet and reassuring. It makes me think of something I heard at a conference this week at work...something like: "there's nothing false about hope".

So...here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment