God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Passed my 2nd 1hr GTT!!

My OB wanted me to have a GTT done a little earlier than normal (about 2 months ago) which I passed but then wanted me to do it again when pregnant woman normally get tested around 30 weeks due to my increased risk of GD from the PCOS. But it seems I must have PCOS without the insulin resistance...woohoo!! I took the 2nd 1 hour GTT on Friday and they just called me back today to tell me it came back normal again! Yay, no 3 hour GTT for me!! Oh, and no blood sugar testing, strict dieting, etc.

However, my iron is low again...ugh! After the 1st GTT they had me go on iron supplements which I've been taking daily (an additional 65mg) even though my PNV already has a ton of iron. Apparently, that hasn't done the trick so I have to double up on the iron supplements. Unfortunately, that's pretty much guaranteed to make me more constipated than I already am so she advised me to drink prune juice daily.

Uh uh! I don't do prune juice. Last time I had it, it didn't work and all it did was give me terrible gas cramps. This time I'll be drinking a nice big glass of Metamucil and a Colace daily.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment