God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Sneak peak at our baby shower loot (and unfinished nursery)

My baby shower was on Saturday and a TON of family and friends showed up to support and shower us with gifts! Pictures of the shower itself are to come in another post (there are lots of great pictures) but I wanted to show what our little Ryan's room looks like right now with mountains of gifts piled inside. I organized all of the gifts from the shower last night and put them in groups in his room just to get it all out of the living and dining room.

To give you a sense of how anal and organized I can be at times: I typed out a list of gifts and who gave us said gifts and I labeled all of the gift receipts.

These pictures should provide an overview of what we received at the shower (these are crappy cell phone pics, fyi):




Not pictured are some other items that we received by mail before the shower (most of which are in the baby's closet): Space saver high chair, bottle warmer, bottle cooler, glow seahorse, blankets, more clothes and accessories, swing, humidifier, etc.
I'll also do another post with pictures of the nursery hopefully soon. It won't be 100% complete until at lest 2 months after Ryan is born because my mom is staying with us from Florida for 3 weeks so she'll be using the baby's room so we won't build the crib (which is yet to come) until she leaves since Ryan will be staying in our room in the beginning. Holy run-on!! lol But I will take some pictures of the room after we get some stuff further organized and actually put away in their place. We're also considering getting another dresser for the room since I think we'll need the storage space.
In case you're wondering from viewing the above pictures, most of the walls are a light grey and one of the walls (which has the dresser up against it and the TV mounted above it) is a chocolate brown.

1 comment: