God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm a lousy blogger :( UPDATES

I'm sorry to anyone out there that actually takes time to read my blog. Sometimes I feel like I really have nothing to report. Maybe my life is boring...here's what's new:

My baby shower is in 2 weeks! We are having such a huge party...I'm serious. I think more people will show up than at our wedding. We are setting up seats for 140 people. No, that's not a typo...1-4-0 people lol.

This may sound crazy and tacky but my husband and I are hosting the shower. It's more common among our families that the Godparents host the shower (not the parents or friends like in other traditions) but we didn't want to burden them with the expense. And everyone is expecting a shower and had been asking. Hubbs' cousin actually did this with their baby shower because they don't do Godparents in their religion so the husband hosted the shower himself and no one batted an eye.

Anywho...We rented an American Legion hall and are having our family members cook. We bought all the decorations, favors, liquor and other beverages...we're even buying the food that our family members will cook. Hubbs has a few cousin's that DJ so one of them will be providing the music. My SIL (brother's wife) has the traditional shower wicker chair so we don't have to rent that.

I registered only at Babies R Us and surprisingly nearly 30 items have already been purchased! I know I shouldn't stalk the registry but it's so fun to see more things get purchased. I should say that before sending out the invites with the registry info, I added up the cost of every last item on the registry and discussed with DH that it should be an amount that even if we weren't having a shower (or even if we did have the shower and all the expenses of the shower but received not 1 gift), he and I would be able to afford to purchase everything on our own. That made us feel better to know that we were being responsible and not relying on the shower to provide the things we needed for OUR baby.

We are still working on the baby's room. We still have all the accessories, wall art, and a crib to get so no pictures yet. Plus even when we get the crib we're not going to put it together right away because my mom is coming to stay with us for 2-3 weeks after the baby is born and we're going to set up a bed for her in the baby's room first while the baby stays in our room (in his cosleeper). The room is acting as storage for the baby shower decorations and cases of beer lol.

I had my 30 week OB appointment this morning (even though I'm 31 weeks tomorrow). It went so fast! I had a second 1 hour GTT (because of my PCOS) so I hope I passed again. I weighed in at 174 which is a total gain of 12 pounds in nearly 8 months. About half of that was gained in the last month so I think I need to start looking at my eating habits again so my weight doesn't start to snowball. Everything is looking good. The doctor did my annual pap since I was due. He said my cervix is nice and closed so that's good. Baby's HB sounded good, BP was good, etc.

Now I start going every 2 weeks and then around 36 weeks I will get a growth ultrasound...so looking forward to that! And then every week...ahhhhh! It's all happening, isn't it?!

No stretch marks on my belly yet...belly button is starting to flatten out a little more. Nights are getting tougher because sometimes I feel like I can't get in enough air...like my lungs don't have much room in there anymore to expand fully. And my hips hurt all night too so I toss and turn. Ryan is moving lots all day which I love!

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment