God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dieting While TTC


I lost about 20 pounds for my wedding 5 months ago and have since gained back about 15 pounds. I would love to go back down to my wedding-day weight but that was a struggle to get to and it's almost impossible to stay there for long. I had already gained 5 pounds by the time we arrived home after our honeymoon (but I guess that's to be expected after a whole week of gorging on all-you-can-eat Mexican cuisine).

Anyway, I (stupidly) expected that I would be pregnant within a month or two after the wedding so I really didn't care that I was starting to gain weight. And, honestly, after about 7 months of dieting I really just wanted to eat what I wanted to eat.

Now, several months later, I started trying to eat sensibly again and work out. I've been having ceareal for 2 meals per day and doing cardio on the eliptical at home for about 30 minutes at least 4 times per week. It's been about 2 weeks and, although I must admit I haven't been perfect, I've been pretty steady with this method. I lost about 2 pounds and then gained them back. Then I get upset, say "f it" and go buy a Twix! I frustrate myself.

I know it's the right thing to do to lose some weight before I get pregnant so that I can be healthier for the pregnancy...but I can't help that little voice inside my head that says "Eat whatever you want, when you get pregnant you're going to gain weight anyway!" Trust me, I know about the holes in that logic. But that's the problem, when dealing with food and hunger, sometimes logic goes out the window and you're ruled by cravings, taste and satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment