God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

On Chris Brown...Off Topic


I am so appalled and disgusted with Chris Brown right now. I hope and pray that he spends at least 2 or 3 years in prison for what he did to Rihanna. And you know what, if Rihanna is attempting to reconcile with Brown, then I am disgusted with her too.

I know that in many cases of partner abuse there is some level of coersive control that takes place over the victim making her powerless and more likely to crave the abusers acceptance blah blah blah. I mean I know coersive control is a real phenomena (I studied it in school...the link above was written by the professor that taught it to me at UMDNJ), but Rihanna really needs to rise above this and set a positive example for all the young girls out there that look up to her. I understand her wanting to forgive him...because until she forgives him he still has power over her. But, don't get back together with him!! I mean, who knows what's really happening right now between them. We've heard rumors that they have gotten together and have spent some time together after the "altercation" (as many sites are calling it) AND Rihanna isn't pressing charges. Well, oh well Chris...the State of California will not let that stop them from pressing charges.

Chris Brown faces up to 4 years and 8 months in prison if he is found guilty of the 2 felonies he is charged with: (1) assault by means likely (likely?) to create great bodily injury, and (2) criminal threats.

The girl almost passed out from his beating...yeah, a BEATING, not an "altercation" people. And you know what, I hope the photogs release the picture of Rihanna a day later (said to be much worse than the one release by TMZ that everyone has seen). Not that I wish more harm for Rihanna, but if releasing that picture causes Chris Brown's career to disintegrate...well good for him, he deserves it.

Check out the actual search warrant and affidavit which provides more detail, below. Leave it to The Smoking Gun to find and post all the gory details.

Details on the Chris Brown/ Rihanna Case

No comments:

Post a Comment