God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 22, 2009

I made my BFcry today :(

We've been friends since we were 13 years old (we're 29 now) but she is always negative and I find myself defending myself to her all the time. Things that she should be supportive for she just always finds a way to ask me "why are you doing it like that? why did you pick that day? why did you do it so early?" etc etc.

Usually I just bite my tongue or just explain myself nicely but today's discussion was on TTC and she kept telling me to just relax and not stress myself out and just let it happen...don't think about it blah blah blah.

I pretty much ended up telling her that I just need her to listen and be supportive and that her suggestions are not helpful or comforting. I also told her that I often think twice about sharing things that are important to me because I am afraid that she will put a negative spin on it and make me feel like I have to defend my choices.

We went back and forth for a while but eventually I think she got it. She got really quiet and I could tell she was getting emotional. She started crying...ughhh! I felt bad! I assured her that I know she doesn't intend to come off that way and I know she has good intentions and wants only the best for me but she needs to be aware of her effect on me.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you did the right thing. I wish I had the balls to do that with one of my friends, although I'm not all that close to her. It's too much work to have someone negative like that in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, my BF was the same exact way. She is so stubborn our relationship seriously suffered because of it. I am glad you two can get over things though and patch things up. GL whenever you test! I always stalk you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really?? You stalk my chart?? Kewl!!

    ReplyDelete