God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm a neglectful blog mommy...

and need to get back on track with my blogeration.

So anyway...work was brutal this short 3 day work week. I am taking today and monday off by the way (eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!) but who'da thunk that only working Tuesday through Thursday would have been so stressful? Well I really should have known.

On Wednesday we had our annual community baby shower and, as always, it is a huge undertaking. It was very successful though, we had nearly 50 pregnant women in attendance and some brought their significant others making it closer to 70 attendees in total. We had so many awesome prizes and give-aways and everyone left happy. Seriously though, some of the women were soooo ungrateful!! I told everyone at the beginning of the event (I was the MC) that they would only get 1 prize (no one will be able to win more than one item so for those who already won something, if I pull their ticket again in a raffle, then we will just go on to the next person)...OMG they were all like that's not fair!! So I'm standing there by the stage with a mic facing all of these aggravated pregnant women and I caved. I gave someone 2 prizes. I had to come back and "jokingly" blame them for peer pressuring me and things went smoothly after that. Anyway this event takes it all out of me. Tuesday was spent preparing and then packing our cars, driving to the location and then unpacking the cars followed by setting up the huge room. In short...tiring!

And this was Thursday: In a meeting all day until 2:20 when I arrive back at my office. Work furiously to complete an end of year report and several other projects piled on my desk that I couldn't work on because of the baby shower event, which I need to get done before I leave for the week. Shoot out of the office at the end of the day (barely able to leave on time) to pick up DH at the orthodontist (he has Damon braces) because one of his wires was poking him and scratching up his whole mouth. I assumed I was just going there to pick him up after a 5 minute adjustment and finally get home to relax and start enjoying this long weekend. I get there and he tells me they want to go ahead with his next procedure and it will take more like 30-40 minutes. At this point I am really pissed at the situation. So I sit there and wait...we finally get home after 8:00 so I am missing some of So You Think You Can Dance...grrrrr. Glad it's being DVR'd. Then I start cleaning because his cousin is coming this weekend from Florida for my SIL's Sweet 16 on Saturday, so I know they will want to see our apartment. I finally finish and shower and by this time, still no dinner...it's after 10pm. DH orders food and I finally watch SYTYCD with the added bonus of being able to forward through the commercials. His cousin arrives at about 12am because he and his wife and kids are staying with DH's other cousin upstairs. DH visited with his cousin until after 2am then came downstairs to bed then wanted sex (sorry babe, I know you're probably reading this)...the end.

The moral of the story is...well I'm not sure but maybe typing it all out will help to shed the stress that was this week. Now I really hope to enjoy this nice long weekend. I think I'm going to test tomorrow before SIL's Sweet 16. Oh, DH made me scrambled eggs this morning so...it's a great start!

2 comments:

  1. Can I jsut say WOW-being a TTC and putting on and being the MC of a baby shower for 50 women, would take some serious focus. Sounds like it went well though- congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, it was a challenge especially with all those big bellies.

    ReplyDelete