God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Update: My IVF cycle

So Lupron has been a piece of cake so far, thank God! With all the horror stories I'd been hearing I was so nervous to start that one. I think the needle is a tiny bit thicker than the Follistim needle because sometimes I have to push a little harder to get it in, but other than that...no problems.

I started Follistim at 225 units on Friday night with half the Lupron dose (5units) and I had my first monitoring appointment this morning. My lining is at 5mm and I have about 20 follies less than 11 at the moment. I think my largest so far is only at about 9mm but it's still early. They're going to call me later today for my protocol for the next couple of days.

UPDATE: They called and told me to reduce to 150 Follistim with the 5units of Lupron. I go back Wednesday morning for b/w and u/s.

At this point, I really think we may be looking at an ER this weekend. I'm excited about the ER but nervous about 2 things. (1) the PIO injections, and (2) I am supposed to do a presentation to our board of trustees on the 21st and I'm nervous that the ER/ET may land on or around that day.

2 comments:

  1. I hope this process goes quickly for you guys. You deserve it. I will pray that this weekend will be your ER. ((CROSSING FINGERS)) Now you are taking 150 Follistim like what they have me set up for. Glad the lupron hasn't bothered you. I honestly wouldn't know. I wasn't assigned Lupron. Best of luck and I'll be checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete