God has truly blessed us!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Celebrating my birthday in NYC

My 30th birthday was on Friday. Hubbs and I hosted dinner at our house with our best friends. He bought me a chocolate cake from some fancy bakery in NYC by his job.





Then on Saturday we took a bus into the city to see Mary Poppins on Broadway! It was awesome. But I have a confession...I leaned over on hubbs and fell asleep for a minute or two in the second half. Lol...I was so sleepy. I told him later and he then confessed that he had fallen asleep a couple of times too. Lol!
It was a gorgeous day in the city, I'm so glad that it wasn't hotter. We did A LOT of walking and subway riding.
After Mary Poppins we walked much of the way to Sofrito in mid-town Manhattan. It's a very popular, swanky Puerto Rican restaurant. The food was yummmmy. We had "tostones montaditos" which are fried plantains with a topping. Ours was topped with shrimp in a creamy, cheesy sauce. So good.
Hubbs had a churrasco (Skirt steak) with mofongo (smashed plantains).



After dinner, we ordered dessert and what do you know? All of a sudden some upbeat music kicked up and the waiters sung happy birthday to me. I was so embarrassed but it was sweet. The waitress lit my candle twice which means I got to make my birthday wish twice (we all know what I wished for!)

No comments:

Post a Comment